Galentine’s Day may be a fabricated holiday, but we think it's important. It's a great opportunity to celebrate and support the amazing women in your life. From sending a handwritten note, to giving the gift of your time, keep reading for 10 ways to show love to your main gal pals this year!
1. Give her something to set on fire. There’s nothing like lighting a brand new candle, stick of incense, or bundle of sage to reset the energy in a space. Give your Galentine the gift of aromatherapy with this Palo Santo smudge kit or Snif’s Sweet Ash candle.
2. Pass on your favorite piece of content. If you just devoured a great book or series or are obsessed with an interesting podcast, don’t keep it to yourself. You never know what a friend could gain from your recommendation.
4. Put it in writing. Sending a handmade card in 2023 is a really special way to tell someone they’re on your mind. It’s old-school and inexpensive, especially if you’re crafty enough to make one yourself. If not, there are plenty of paperies to support. A few of our faves? Papier, Egg Press, and Aya Paper Co.
5. Make a move. Daily outdoor activity can boost your mood, serotonin levels, and immune system, so invite your Galentine on a walk-and-talk: meet at the park or indulge in an urban hike around town to grab fresh air and catch up on each others’ lives. The AllTrails app has a database of over 300,000 trails with maps, photos, and user reviews. Will you end up at a wine bar? Only time will tell.
6. Soak up the vibes. Encourage her to let off some steam after a long day of being incredible with these Kate McLeod mini bath bomb stones. They’re packaged like a box of chocolates and melt into a velvety-smooth oil when dropped in warm water.
7. Get in the game. You know your Galentine works hard, so why not inspire her to play even harder? The Play the Patriarchy card game is a fun, feminist take on game night.
8. Check, mate. The Chez Gagne Remaining Fucks notepad will help your BFF stay organized and keep her priorities in check.
9. Spoil her with a home-cooked meal. What’s that about the stomach being a way to the heart? Gather your ingredients, then take over her kitchen and whip up a delicious meal. Take the treat one step further by gifting your Galentine with a next-level knife from Our Place (that you can then use to chop veggies like a pro).
10. Take something off her plate. Offer to tackle one of her errands, like picking up dry cleaning or dropping the kids at school. You can also ask if she needs anything from the grocery store, pharmacy or dispensary next time you’re stopping by. We all know how satisfying it feels to cross a task off our list, so this gesture speaks volumes.